The next .NET user group meeting will take place on February 23rd starting at 6:00 PM. Food and drink will be served by our sponsor about 15-20 minutes before the start of the meeting.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
1919 Aksarben Drive
Omaha, NE 68180
Brian Newton holds a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from the University of Nebraska at Omaha and has been working professionally with Microsoft related technologies for the past 6 years. He currently works as a Solution Consultant for LyncStream in Omaha. Brian primarily focuses on C# and web development professionally, however he enjoys keeping an eye on other technologies such as Nodejs, F#, and Elixir in his free time. He recently got married and when he is not working on technology he enjoys working out, skiing, and spending time with his wife and their dog.
A brief intro to F#.
You will get a quick overview of what funcional programming is and how it can help you to write better programs by limiting accidental complexity while managing essential complexity. Ater that you will see examples of F# features that make functional programming frictionless including immutability and structural equality by default, the type system, pattern matching, pipelining, function composition, partial function application, async workflows and type providers. Next, we will cover some areas that F# could be usefull for you in your day to day work. Finally I will leave you with some recommended resources to start on your F# path to zen.
LyncStream was founded in 2012 with a simple mission: to provide cutting edge technology to businesses of every size and industry. While we’ve grown over the years in size and technical abilities, our mission and integrity has remained firmly rooted.
Working with a variety of companies, we’ve identified one common barrier they all share: the challenge of being able to leverage technology to accelerate growth and automate business processes. We have found four primary areas where businesses are challenged to leverage technology:
- Deficiency in obtaining qualified technical resources
- Inability to ramp up or ramp down according to project needs
- Understanding how software could improve business processes
- Understanding how to implement custom software
We’ve addressed all of these concerns and more with our solution platforms:
- The Developer Cloud. An elite team of full-stack .NET developers, based right here in the US, which you can leverage on demand
- Consulting Resources. We provide high-caliber on-site software engineers focused on full-stack .NET development.
- Custom Software Development. We develop technology solutions tailored to fit your business’ precise needs.
.Net UG Co-Leader
.Net UG Co-Leader